Thursday, December 1, 2011

A little photo montage to date.

Well this was my first full day at Sick Kids back on November 23rd.  As you can see there are lots of tubes and I have a nasty tube down my throat.  Mostly it annoys me, but they keep saying it helps me breathe....what do they know???  You may also notice that there are two IVs in my head.  I thought these guys were professionals!!!
A few days later they FINALLY took the tubes out of my head and my throat and I got to hang out with mom.  They made her hold onto humidified air to sooth my throat after they pulled out the tubes from my throat.  AGAIN, I thought they were professionals.  DID YOU SEE MY HAIR??? I have a good mind to call my lawyer.  Never let a man near a girls head with clippers!!!

We dad caught me off guard with this one and promised to delete it.  I heard him whispering something about weddings and embarrassment.

Being in moms arms is the most relaxing thing.  My big sister Reese said soothers are awesome so I am giving them a shot.   This was just before the surgeon dude said it was time to fix my ticker. 

Well, it was done.  My glowworm and I are just hanging out now and getting better.  You may notice a few things in this wicked post op photo.   First that bandage on my chest....yup my heart is under it...LITERALLY.  Lift it up, I DARE you.....And look at my right hand, FIGHT THE POWER!!!!

December 1, Mom and dad got here a little late today.  Traffic sucked. I peed ALOT and the swelling was down so guess what...NO MORE BANDAGE.  My little ticker is back behind my ribs.  I have 5, count them 5 computers tracking stuff.  I have a few less holes and tubes today.  If you look close enough you will notice there are still quite a few things to be removed.  Dad says I look cute, but I don't know if boys will really dig it all.  Time will tell.  I am a little tired, so I am going to get some rest and maybe my next blog I will have less things coming out of me.

2 comments:

  1. love the montage lauren! You are a total super hero with all those machines...and the crazy glowing hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Lauren! We hope to meet you soon.
    Love from Aunt Jane and Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete